In the MaTeLo project the Design and Test of Communication Systems (DeTeCos) team was responsible to generate MCML descriptions from a given set of usage scenarios. This approach allows the automatic generation of a MCUM (Markov chain usage model) without a deeper knowledge of the human tester with respect to the Markov theory. In order to be independent of the chosen scenario specification technique, i.e. either MSC-96 or UML sequence diagrams, it was useful to define a common XML-based representation and tool interchange format for the MCUM, called MCML (Markov Chain Markup Language). This format represents a common interface between various tools of the MaTeLo approach. All steps in this transformation process do also support the testing of QoS (Quality of Service) requirements that are annoted in the standard notation of the UML profile for "Scheduling, Performance and Time".
The transformation algorithms are implemented within the MaTeLo tool and create generic interfaces to existing modeling and development tools like Rational Rose and Telelogic TAU.
- Schlüsselwörter: model-based testing; Markov chain usage model; Markov chain markup language; UML sequence diagrams; MSC; TTCN-3
- Projektdauer: 2002-01-01 - 2004-09-30
- Dr.-Ing. Winfried Dulz
- Fenhua Zhen, M. Sc.
- Lehrstuhl für Informatik 7
- Lund Universität (S)
- Alitec (F)
- Danet (D)
- Magneti Marelli (F)
- NEC France (F)
- IAI (ISR)
- Alenia Spazio (I)
- "Scenario-based Statistical Testing," VVSS2004-Symposium "Verification and Validation of Software Systems", TU Eindhoven, November 2004 ,
- "Recent Experiences with Scenario-based Statistical Testing," Dagstuhl-Seminar 04371 "Perspectives of Model-Based Testing", Schloss Dagstuhl, September 2004 ,
- "Automated TTCN-3 Test Case Generation by means of UML Sequence Diagrams and Markov," IEEE Proc. of 12th Asian Test Symposium, Xi'an, China, pp. 102-105, November 2003 ,
- "MaTeLo - Statistical Usage Testing by Annotated Sequence Diagrams, Markov Chains and TTCN-3," IEEE Proc. of Third International Conference on Quality Software (QSIC 2003), Dallas, Texas, pp. 336-342, November 2003 ,
- "MaTeLo - Statistical Testing Using Annotated Sequence Diagrams, Markov Chains and TTCN-3," Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg, technischer Report 05, 2002 ,